We are backing Gordon for Burnley and Padiham because he is the best person for the job. After years of neglect, we have a local MP who fights for our town and is making a real difference for local people.
He has achieved so much since he was elected in 2010, including:
- Over 4,300 new apprenticeships in Burnley and Padiham, giving young people a great start in life and providing the skills they'll need for a career for life.
- A £9 million new Emergency Unit for Burnley Hospital, bringing more patients and ambulances back to Burnley after our A&E unit was closed under Labour - and Gordon is now fighting for £15 million for new surgical units and a specialist eye clinic.
- Unemployment in Burnley and Padiham down by a third, and youth unemployment down by 42%. Gordon has brought jobs and investment to our town helping people to get on in life.
- Millions of pounds of investment have been brought in building and regenerating parts of the town. The Weavers' Triangle, Burnley Bridge Industrial Estate and the former Michelin Site are all examples where investment has brought in new businesses and new jobs to Burnley and Padiham.
- In April, the first direct trains from Burnley to Manchester will start running after Gordon won the investment to rebuild the Todmorden Curve.
If you believe in the work that Gordon has done for Burnley and Padiham, let us know. An endorsement will show the support Gordon has and will go a long way towards ensuring that he is re-elected in 2015, enabling him to keep working for us locally.
Gordon at the new £9 million Emergency Unit at Burnley Hospital
I am supporting Gordon for Burnley and Padiham because I believe he is the best person for the job.